Traveling is Back; the post covid scenario
- on July 07, 2020
Uttarakhand Re-Opens For Tourism: BIKERS all you need to know Before Making Any Plans!!
Here’s a great news for all you riders! The hilly state of Uttarakhand has finally opened up for tourists. Government of Uttarakhand has now lifted all the restrictions on inter-state and inter-district travel. International travelers are also allowed inside the state now. Hotels and homestay outside the containment zones have already started their businesses. But before planning your summer vacation at Uttarakhand, you need to know certain things. Read on!
Though the government has opened its barriers for tourists, however the state has issued certain guidelines for the visitors.
1. People visiting Uttarakhand from other parts of the country will have to upload a COVID-19 test report on the Dehradun Smart City web portal.
2. The district authorities will verify the medical reports of the visitors at the entry points.
3. At the hotels, tourists will have to present an RT-PCR report, not older than 72 hours, reflecting COVID-19 negative, from an ICMR-authorized lab.
4. International tourists need to register themselves on the aforementioned web portal and undergo a period of seven days institutional and seven days home quarantine.
5. Those travelling from other Indian states do not need to be quarantined. However, they will have to register themselves on the web portal before their journey.
6. Tourists can remain in the state as long as they want. Hotels and home-stay have been instructed to take bookings for a minimum period of seven days.
7. Bars in the hotel premises will continue to remain closed. However, liquor can be served as a part of room service.
Uttarakhand has reported about 2984 confirmed coronavirus cases, out of which nearly 2405 patients have recovered. Unquestionably, it is one of the safest places to visit now within India. And when it comes to us, its undoubtedly a paradise for riders.